Sneak Peak! Want to help? Try the new Beta dashboard & leave feedback

Hi Mikey,

As midtown pointed out, the ability to add / remove a tap image and beverage image is gone. What’s the plan in this regard? I found the previous image logic rather confusing in terms of which image “trumped” which other image. Maybe you’re planning to simplify this?

Joe

Temporary regression - will be restored soon.

I’ve found it confusing, too! Probably explains why I’ve unintentionally broken it a few times when trying to simplify it. More to come here.

Modest update today: Look-and-Feel settings will now automatically adjust to the capabilities of the theme.

For example, if you’re still using one of the legacy/deprecated “Griddy” themes, you will only see options that the theme supports. And if the theme does not support Portrait mode, the layout option will be disabled.

Today this is primarily of historical concern, as most folks are using the flexible and featureful Dense and Jumbo themes – however it paves the way to more easily supporting addition themes. As usual, let me know if you see anything broken.

Hi Mikey,

Here’s what my beverages look like on the old (classic) dashboard …

You’re probably picking up on a pattern, Beverage Name / Brewer / Beverage Style 1, Beverage Name / Brewer / Beverage Style 2, Beverage Name / Brewer / Beverage Style 3, … and so on.

When I switch to the new dashboard, my beverages look like this …

The Beverage Name, Brewer and Beverage Style are correct corresponding to the first Beverage displayed (doesn’t matter which Beverage you display first). However, in displaying subsequent Beverages, only the Beverage Name is updated. The Brewer and Beverage Style reflect the previously displayed Beverage. In the screens (above), the Beverage Name, Brewer and Beverage Style for Beverage 1 are correct. However, for Beverage 2, the Brewer and Beverage Style corresponding to Beverage 1 are displayed. For Beverage 3, the Brewer and Beverage Style corresponding to Beverage 2 are displayed. And so on.

Joe

Griddy 2.0 displays ABV, SRM, IBU, OG and FG, yet no Options to enable / disable these fields.

I’m not sure “Striped” is applicable in that Griddy 2.0 is striped by definition, correct?

Joe

I’d really like to see a “Dense 2.0” built-in theme that supports 12 taps per page with “Show kegs” set. The keg image is simply too big with the existing “Dense” built-in theme. With “Show kegs” set, the “Dense” built-in theme is no longer dense. Actually, it’s rather “Sparse”. You only get 6 taps per page. This can be a stop-gap until which time as we can Build, Customize and Share Themes.

Joe

Thanks for the eyeball, Joe!

Yikes, great catch! Nasty bug - the fix should be out now, thanks for all the detail.

Griddy never had the option to turn these on/off; they just appear when the values are present. So this is, for better or worse, the right way.

Hear you loud and clear - tho, we should let’s keep this thread on the topic of bugs and dashboard features.

It would definitely be helpful separately for folks to start compiling ideas & sketches of themes and layouts they’d like to see, esp as I work towards opening up the theme engine. I’ve just repurposed a disused category for this. Check it out: Theme Ideas

thanks again!

“Look and Feel” appears to be disabled on the Beta dashboard. I ran into this yesterday. I thought Mikey might be working on it. It’s still unresponsive this morning. Graphically, “Look and Feel” appears correct. However, the various menu options (Layout, Text, …) are non-responsive. I can’t make selections in drop-down menus. I can’t enter text. I can’t select / deselect check boxes.

Joe

When I pull this up my look and feel screen is just blinking very fast. Granted I am brand new to this so maybe it is something I am doing wrong. However, it worked fine in the old version.

By chance, are you experiencing that on a mobile (what browser)? I think there are some issues with the look & feel page on mobile devices.

Yes. Mobile device with safari browser.

For what it’s worth, I experience the same thing with my iPhone / Safari. If I refresh the dashboard enough times, it eventually goes away. Of course, if you refresh the dashboard yet again, it’s likely to return. I don’t administer Taplist.io using my iPhone, so it’s not a major concern … although it may be nice to have in a pinch.

Joe

Just wanted to jump back to the image heirarchy for a second, since its one of the features I suggested way back. AFAIK, it should go like this: Producer image<Beverage Image<Keg Image

So, if you set a producer logo it automatically shows up on all bevs by that producer. If a specific beverage has an image, this overrides the producer which is handy if a release has custom art for example. Lastly, you can set an image for the keg which will override the other two. This might be a redundant feature, but this is how the hierarchy should go. The more granular your feature, the higher the priority it takes. I only ever use producer and beverage logos though, so if keg logos are not behaving this way, that would explain confusion.

After deleting kegs, beers and producers the images are still left behind that have been uploaded for those kegs, beers and producers. For example after deleting if I go to the new look and feel page and then chose images, add header image, the images for the deleted kegs, beers and producers are showing as available to use.

Not sure if this is a beta issue or an overall issue but when deleting kegs, beers and producers the images should also be deleted.

Good catch! Right now, images are not auto-deleted when unused, although that will be implemented soon. (This is the same in the ‘classic’ dashboard.) Fun fact - there are 10s of thousands of the images in use in the system :astonished:

Two small updates today:

• You should no longer receive spurious prompts to log in again.
  • Fixed a rare crash that at least one person had reported through the crash reporter (thanks!)

Still known issues / fix coming soon: Glitchy settings preview on mobile.

I tried the new dashboard but do not see a way to add custom images to my beverages. What am I missing?

Thanks for flagging this! This feature is now working in the new dashboard. You can:

• Upload header images (Look and Feel page)
  • Upload beverage and producer images (Beverage Database pages)

As an added bonus, the feature is now implemented as an “image picker”; so if you commonly re-use the same images, there’s no need to re-upload them.

Still to come:

• Upload custom tap images (tap details page)

Good news!

• Tap images can now be managed in the new dashboard (Configure tap from the Taps screen).
  • New feature: You can now browse and manage your pictures in the new Pictures section.
1 Like

Howdy

When logged in via mobile web on iOS:

In new experience:

I would like to change the keg on tap 3. I select end keg. All goes to plan. To add a keg to tap 3 I select the button add keg and a window displays with all my kegs.

Why is this an issue.
I have kegs in 2 places. In the old experience I have ‘availble’ and ‘on deck’ where I can select my my next keg from. In this new experience I need to remember which location the keg came from in order to maintain proper inventory. (Homebrew user, 1 laggering frezzer and 1 production freezer that feeds the taps)

Help!