Hey folks, sorry for the confusion. This is probably the result of some new changes we are still testing out.
Long story short, there are now two different ways to show off your taps:
- As a linked “Display”, for example by using the Fire TV display app or a regular browser.
- As a desktop/mobile webpage, in any browser at
Desktop mode does not behave exactly the same as a display. Bear in mind the following limitations:
- Desktop mode does not auto-refresh.
- Unfortunately, this is a change we had to make for performance reasons. We may revise it later.
- Desktop mode not use the theme (eg Dense vs Jumbo), however it does use other look and feel settings like font and colors.
- The themes are designed for TV-sized displays and don’t translate well to desktop and mobile, and would be difficult for us to support right now.
- In the future we may add a “show using TV theme anyway” button or toggle when visiting from Desktop.
If you’re definitely using a Display, and you’re finding that look and feel settings or tap changes don’t auto-update the Display, that would be a bug. Let me know your venue name (here or DM) and we can look into it.