New integration! Brewfather: Import recipes and batches

Subscribers can now try out a new feature: API Integration with Brewfather!

What it does

• Press a button to synchronize all active batches from your Brewfather account to “On Deck”
    • A beverage and keg will be automatically created

How to try it out

1. Visit the new Integrations section of account settings
  2. Add your Brewfather API username and API key
    • To get a Brewfather API key, visit Brewfather Settings, then tap “Generate API-Key”
    • Important: Authorize the key for “read batches” and “read recipes”. You will need to regenerate your API key if you don’t do this.
  3. Click “Save”, then click “Sync now”

Reporting feedback

This is an extremely early feature. I’m sure there’s lots it could be doing better, but I could use feedback from more savvy Brewfather users. Let your imagination run wild and report any issues and ideas here!

Known issues & coming soon

I’ll keep this section updated with known issues.

• Sync is not automatic (you have to press the ‘Sync’ button)
  • Updates to recipes do not update the Taplist.io Beverage
  • Images in Brewfather are not synchronized
  • No “Recipes” import integration outside of batches (coming soon)

cheers!

1 Like

I missed an important step in the instructions, reposting here:

Important: Authorize the key for “read batches” and “read recipes”. You will need to regenerate your API key if you don’t do this.

I use Brewfather exclusively and am an active tester for it. I also have Plaato’s.

Does the Hobby Plan include this feature?
Do I use the brewfather Plaato integration or the direct Plaato?

I get an error when clicking on integrations button

We’re sorry — something’s gone wrong.

Our team has been notified, but click here fill out a report.

There is no click here on the report available.

@pliable.moose.brewin thanks for the heads up! We were experiencing errors on this page for quite a few folks. The issue should now be resolved; would you mind trying again? Cheers…

works thanks. few quirks but functional sync.

Thanks everyone for testing things so far!

We’ve filed a feature request with the kind folks at Brewfather, which would make sync happen much more automatically. (Basically, send us a webhook when a batch changes).

In the meantime, we’ll be investing a bit more in this feature & make it at least easier to trigger and manage a manual sync. Keep the feedback coming, cheers!

Update: We’ve updated this integration to work a bit more reliably. We’ve also written a short setup guide, which you can find here: https://help.taplist.io/article/33-brewfather

enjoy!

1 Like