NEW: Connect a Plaato Keg to Taplist.io (beta)

Update: You can now configure units in the dashboard under Location Info.

Full control of this feature coming next!

1 Like

Update: You can now toggle the temperature on and off under Web Settings: see the new Show sensor data option.

Hi
Have integrated one Plaato keg with taplist as pr. instructions here. However, the volume left in the keg does not update at all. It’s still showing full keg. The actual content is at 90% according to the Plaato app.

Any ideas?

Hey @grevling! We can definitely troubleshoot. Can you try seeing what the reported volume is in the dashboard? Do the following:

1. From the dashboard, go to On Tap
  2. Find the keg and click Edit keg
  3. Look just under the keg icon. Do you see a volume reported?

If a volume is reported, but it’s right round 90%, this might be normal.

Currently kegs show different graphics for:

• 90-100% (looks “full”; & might be what you are seeing)
  • 70-90%
  • 50-70%
  • 30-50%
  • 15-30%
  • 5-15%
  • 0-5%

If you pour a little more, you should see the level change.

If this was the issue, our apologies for the confusion. It’s recently caught a couple folks by surprise, so we’re working to regenerate the keg artwork to be more “continuous”. Cheers!

It’s right at 90%, so I guess that’s it than. I’ll see if it changes on the next pour. Looking forward to the new “continous” artwork.

Cheers
Leif

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Show remaining volume text on TV displays

Is there any update on the “continuous” artwork for kegs? I use the Plaato Keg devices and have those integrated, but being able to see the volume remaining in the keg visually would be hugely helpful.

1 Like

Just subscribed just to use this integration. Waiting on Plaato keys, will report back when I get it all working!

Also interested in seeing temperature (from plaato), and a date when keg was tapped displayed. You could even display an average rate then, or what is popular during happy hours.

So far no love. I get 401 when running by hand via curl or in a simple python program. Taplist.io doesn’t work either, but unable to find where logs would be to see the result of taplist.io probing the API.

Here is what I am running from python for instance:
>>> key = ‘xxxxxx’
>>> headers = {‘Authorization’: key}
>>> url = ‘https://cloud.plaato.io/api/v1/devices/
>>> r = requests.get(url, headers=headers)
>>> r
<Response [401]>

Hmm yeah that sounds like a bum API key. We don’t expose the logs because, well, we thought nobody should have to deal with that!

Have you tried reaching out to plaato?

Yep, reached out and sent some examples. Hopefully they ping me back and it’s something stupid I did and easy to fix!

Looks like Plaato was removed from the integrations options.

Still there - look under On Tap → Configure Tap.

I would like to have text represetation eg “19L remaining” under my keg image on both web and display. How can I enable this?

2 Likes

How long does it take PLAATO to respond back? I emailed them on Instagram and waiting on a response, but meanwhile they’re posting on IG. It’s only been 1 day, but damn I’m excited to integrate Taplist and my PLAATOs.

How do you change the view from Sanke keg to Corny keg?

I think it’s usually a day or two, although maybe someone has a more recent example.

From the Keg Room, find the keg, and edit the Type field.

1 Like

Did something happen with the Plaato connection? Mine worked months now no longer updates on Taplist? Does a new API key need to be obtained every time Plaato does an update? Not sure when exactly it stopped

No, no major changes or interruptions on our side - I am seeing the synchronization job running continuously & updating lots of accounts. What’s your public taplist URL? I can check your configuration for any errors (we have sometimes seen API keys stop working, although it’s been rare).

Its https://taplist.io/taplist-12396. Temperature and volume have not changed