Custom Keg Size

Hi there,

Just signed up today, great app! However I’ve got some 23L ball lock kegs. I’m a kit brewer and most of them are 23L so a single bigger keg seemed a better option than a 19L corny. Plans are afoot to go all grain, but building a keezer first!

Anyway, I can’t seem to set up the kegs properly in the dashboard. There’s no preset for that size, and if I select “other” the icon goes straight to empty and manually adjusting the level doesn’t work, just gives me an error message: “We experienced an error recently. Please reload if problems continue”. Am I missing something obvious?

At some point I’m planning on adding some Plaato Kegs, and I’m assuming if the keg isn’t the right capacity in Taplist then the “percentage full” can’t be correctly calculated from the reported volume? Unless the pre-calculated percentage is pulled from the Plaato, in which case it wouldn’t matter! Would be nice to get everything to line up though :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Looking into this - both the original feature request, and the mysterious bug… stay tuned!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. For now I’ve just set it as a 19L corny. My Plaato Kegs arrived today, sent an email asking for my Auth tokens about 5pm and got them back just before 10pm, that’s service!

I was also surprised to find that the Plaato integration worked straight away without me upgrading to the Hobby subscription… Not complaining! But is that expected behaviour? :joy: I’d like to add the on deck stuff and play with backgrounds so I’ll end up upgrading soon anyway.

The level looks about right, but 19L and 23L aren’t that far apart I suppose! Looks awesome either way!

My Plaato Kegs arrived today, sent an email asking for my Auth tokens about 5pm and got them back just before 10pm, that’s service!

Wow, that’s awesome! Looks like they’ve sped this up quite a bit. You’re going to love the Plaato kegs - happy unboxing night!

I was also surprised to find that the Plaato integration worked straight away without me upgrading to the Hobby subscription… Not complaining! But is that expected behaviour? :joy: I’d like to add the on deck stuff and play with backgrounds so I’ll end up upgrading soon anyway.

Yes, that’s new! We took a good solid look at our roadmap and decided we’ll have many more worthwhile stuff for customers; and so made these integrations open to all. (We’re working on bolstering the speed of synchronizing, for example, and that will likely be reserved for customers.)

The level looks about right, but 19L and 23L aren’t that far apart I suppose! Looks awesome either way!

Working on this! Right now the artwork only has 5-6 positions, so you’ll see it remain the same sometimes. We’re working with a new artist to get some higher fidelity steps in place soon.

Welcome aboard, and have fun!

Ah fantastic, thanks for making these awesome features free to all!

One other bit of feedback - the Raspberry Pi display instructions talk about installing chromium by adding a new apt source, this is no longer necessary as it’s part of the official repos now. Those instructions also assume you’re running the “Desktop” version, won’t work from a “Lite” version without significant extra work (ask me how I know… the curse of being a linux sysadmin and wanting to run the absolute minimum)

Ah that’s good feedback! We’ve got a fresh Pi sitting around looking for an assignment - will get the instructions dusted off and cleaned up soon, maybe record a short little howto video while we’re at it. Thanks for the tip!