Beverage Creation requests

1. Would be nice to be able to add all of the basic features of a beer on the initial beverage creation screen. Right now you can set ABV but not IBU, and color is also not an option. Since we use the keg displays to differentiate our dark, light, red, etc. beers, color of the beer is important as soon as it hits the board. Also, while not all beers have listed IBUs, IPAs are the biggest sellers right now and most of them do. Because of these specific needs we are forced to create the beer, then navigate to the edit beverage menu to ‘complete’ the creation. I realize the creation menu has reduced features to keep it simple, but its having the opposite effect and drastically increasing the amount of time it takes to put up a beer, especially if its being created by a server on the fly.

2. Emoji support - I know, this one seems silly, but I have very specific reason. I just put a beer in the keg room that won a gold medal in the Washington Beer Awards and its a huge selling point. I saw on their digital signage that they had the gold medal in the beer name and I realized it was an emoji. This also opens up lots of other options as well, as opposed to just putting a medal icon as a page feature. (For example, Breakside’s Rainbows and Unicorns could also use some emoji flair) I’m 32, and I don’t ‘get’ emojis, but I see their marketing value

Would be nice to be able to add all of the basic features of a beer on the initial beverage creation screen.

Working on it! A better beverage tapper is in the works, including “advanced” options like this. (And thank you for the rest of the detail in this suggestion - helps to know this is a part of, and slowing down, server’s tasks!)

Emoji support

Hmmm, there’s actually nothing preventing you from inputting emoji right now. On a Mac, press Command + Control + Space to bring up the emoji picker. On mobile, should just be able to do it from the keyboard as usual… Am I missing something here?

thanks again!

Emoji support

I can enter the characters into the field, as in my example I added :1st_place_medal: to the name field, and it displayed as ??? on my real time tap list at https://taplist.io/taplist-259854, I didn’t even look at it on the actual screen since it wasn’t working on the page. I would have guessed it was my browser not rendering, but when that happens emojis show as □. I’m thinking its a font or character set issue, but something isn’t translating. I’ll have to test at home and see if the emoji shows up on the Fire Stick based displays, but the taplist web page might need something to make it render properly. (I’m out of my element since the last time I did webdev work Emoi wasn’t even dreamed of)

Oh, while i’m thinking about it, I was also wondering if the ‘chat’ icon could be removed from live taplist page. It makes sense to have it on all of the dashboard sites, but I’m concerned that if I’m driving users to the taplist page they may think its a chat connection to someone at the venue. I’m not sure if this has ever happened, but I see it as an eventuality… enough monkeys on typewriters and all.

I can enter the characters into the field, as in my example I added :1st_place_medal: to the name field, and it displayed as ??? on my real time tap list at https://taplist.io/taplist-259854 1, I didn’t even look at it on the actual screen since it wasn’t working on the page.

Ah, got it. If you can do it again at some point, maybe during off hours, and DM me, that would help. It could be the browser, haven’t been able to reproduce it yet.

I was also wondering if the ‘chat’ icon could be removed from live taplist page. It makes sense to have it on all of the dashboard sites, but I’m concerned that if I’m driving users to the taplist page they may think its a chat connection to someone at the venue.

Hah, so, I was wondering why that hadn’t happened yet. So - this will only show up to you if you’re logged in. But - it isn’t really supposed to be there anyway; disabled!