Beer.XML Imports

Hey Kegbot,

Any chance you would consider adding an automatic parser for Beer.XML files? I would love to be able to automatically populate my Tap List from my digital brew logs.

I can’t attach an XML, but they are pretty commonly available if you wanted to look at one. The code is pretty self-explanatory though :slight_smile:

<EST_COLOR>9.36</EST_COLOR> <IBU>64.51</IBU> <IBU_METHOD>Tinseth</IBU_METHOD> <EST_ABV>5.6</EST_ABV> <EST_OG>1.055 sg</EST_OG> <EST_FG>1.012 sg</EST_FG> <OG>1.055</OG> <FG>1.012</FG>

2 Likes

I like it! So I guess this would be a way to import a set of Recipes & merge them into the beverage DB, with name, og/fg, ibu, and color?

Exactly, although each .xml file only has one recipe in it.

Most brewing software will give you the final beer specifications for your recipes, it would be a handy way to import them here.

http://www.beerxml.com

The main site has a breakdown of the standard.

Great suggestion, this would make it really easy for me (and I’m sure other homebrewers) to pull beers right out of Beersmith and import them into Taplist.io. I already do this with Strangebrew Elsinore.

Would y’all have some example links to beer smith recipes?

I sent you some example beerXML files exported from BeerSmith, I could not post them to the forum as they were unsupported format.

And I agree this would be a great feature for home brewers.

Any updates on this? Love the idea.

As a homebrewer, I love this idea!!

Stay tuned! On deck for a big release in the next month or so.

1 Like